Access to electricity is a modern convenience that most of us would be lost without. In fact, most people don’t view electricity as a luxury anymore; it’s seen as a necessity. Electricity allows us access to the parts of our home that keep us comfortable and safe, including security systems, home comfort systems like heaters and air conditioners, cooking devices, electric water heaters, and, of course, the lights. But it also allows us to enjoy our lives at home and relax in front of a high-tech entertainment center, listen to music, surf the internet, and even unwind in a hot tub or heated pool.
When you have a new home or property, it’s important that you hire a skilled electrician for the job, to make sure that you continue to have safe and reliable access to these appliances and that you don’t end up with an unnecessary electrical repair on your hands. Here are just a few of the services you’ll need for new residential construction.
- Service Panels: The service panel redirects the electricity that enters your home to various areas and appliances. You’ll need an electrician to set up a new circuit panel with any new home construction.
- Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are required by law in most areas, and they work best when an electrician wires yours directly into the wall (although there is a battery backup) and tests it for accuracy.
- GFCI Outlets: A GFCI outlet is necessary in moist areas like bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms. These are the outlets with “reset” buttons that you’ve probably seen in kitchens before, and they can help protect you and your family members from electrical shock.
- Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans are more effective than standing fans, and can help to distribute air evenly, lowering your heating and cooling costs.
- Indoor/Outdoor Lighting: Of course, your new home will need lights, but an electrician will discuss placement, location, and design to help make sure you get exactly the lighting design that you want.
Whatever your electrical needs may be for your new home or property, Mister Sparky has you covered. Our trained and certified electricians offer professional installation, wiring services, and electrical repair in Santa Rosa.